Location: Libertyville, Illinois
Marisa Schostok is a trial lawyer and associate at Dudley & Lake, LLC. Ms. Schostok concentrates her practice in the areas of personal injury, wrongful death and medical malpractice. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Schostok spent several years at the Lake County State’s Attorney’s Office where she prosecuted criminal matters. She has tried numerous cases to verdict and handled matters before the Illinois Appellate Court. Ms. Schostok is a tenacious advocate for her clients and works tirelessly to ensure those injured by negligence receive the justice they deserve.
Since joining Dudley and Lake in 2016, Ms. Schostok has received verdicts and settlements totaling nearly $30 million for her clients. She has also been recognized by Leading Lawyers as an Emerging Lawyer in the area of personal injury and medical malpractice.
In addition to her dedication to justice for her clients, Ms. Schostok also devotes her time to the community through her participation in local charities. Ms. Schostok currently serves as the president of the not-for-profit charity, The Michael Matters Foundation, which provides financial assistance to brain cancer patients.
John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
J.D. – 2013
University of Dayton
B.A. – 2010
- Illinois (2013)
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Lake County Bar Association Outstanding Young Lawyer Award (2017)
- Leading Lawyers Emerging Lawyer (2017 – 2021)
- Jury Selection Presentation, ITLA Trial Practice and Tips Seminar (2020)
- Presenting Witnesses Presentation, ITLA Ethics & Professionalism Seminar (2021)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Board of Managers (2018 – Present)
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Lake County Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- American Association for Justice